INJURIES ARISING IN THE COURSE OF EMPLOYMENT: WORKERS' COMPENSATION...
These evaluations can be requested by the worker's compensation boards. In the cases when the administrative decision is appealed to the court, evaluations can be requested by the defense or plaintiff attorney.
Evaluations reflect administrative practice guidelines, statutory definitions and case law in a given jurisdiction.
*Requests for forensic evaluations for individuals involved in the treatment ( i.e in the capacity of doctor-patient relationship) with the evaluator (presently or in the past) will not be accepted. However, if this evaluator is subpoenaed for testimony for patients involved in treatment (i.e. in cases where doctor-patient relationship has been established) it must be done with the waiver by the patient of testimonial privilege, and with understanding that such testimony inherently cannot be qualified as impartial or as a substitute for an objective forensic evaluation. In such cases no opinions will be provided regarding prognosis, need for future treatment and associated costs.
The party making the request for evaluation should expect the report to address the following areas:
The party making the referral is responsible for providing the necessary collateral information for the preparation of the report.
- Insanity Defense / Criminal Responsibility - Competency to Stand Trial - Diminished Capacity -
- Capital Sentencing / Mitigation - Sex Offenders - Violence Risk Assessments - Malingering -
- Suicide Risk Assessments - Medicolegal Issues in Correctional Psychiatry - Juvenile Transfer -
Testamentary Capacity / Undue Influence - Competency to Make a Will -
- Disability Evaluations / Independent Medical Evaluations - Discrimination -
- Workers' Compensation - Personal Injury / Psychiatric Harm -
- Psychiatric Malpractice / Standards of Care / Medical Record Review -
- Americans with Disabilities Act / ADA - Sexual Harassment - Workplace Violence Assessments -
- Testimonial Capacity / Competency to Testify as a Witness -
- other forensic, mental health and law related assessments -
COMPLETE RESUME AND REFERENCES AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST
About Forensic Psychiatry Practice
Back to Dr. Voskanian's Home Page