MENTAL STATE AT THE TIME OF THE OFFENSE EVALUATIONS: INSANITY DEFENSE, DIMINISHED CAPACITY...
Insanity defense or other mental state at the time of the offense evaluations can be requested by the defense, the prosecution or the courts.
*These evaluations will not be offered for defendants who have presently been found to be incompetent to stand trial.
*Requests for forensic evaluations for individuals involved in the treatment ( i.e in the capacity of doctor-patient relationship) with the evaluator (presently or in the past) will not be accepted.
The party making the request should expect the report to address the following areas:
The party making the referral is responsible for the provision of the necessary collateral information for the preparation of the report.
- Insanity Defense / Criminal Responsibility - Competency to Stand Trial - Diminished Capacity -
- Capital Sentencing / Mitigation - Sex Offenders - Violence Risk Assessments - Malingering -
- Suicide Risk Assessments - Medicolegal Issues in Correctional Psychiatry - Juvenile Transfer -
Testamentary Capacity / Undue Influence - Competency to Make a Will -
- Disability Evaluations / Independent Medical Evaluations - Discrimination -
- Workers' Compensation - Personal Injury / Psychiatric Harm -
- Psychiatric Malpractice / Standards of Care / Medical Record Review -
- Americans with Disabilities Act / ADA - Sexual Harassment - Workplace Violence Assessments -
- Testimonial Capacity / Competency to Testify as a Witness -
- other forensic, mental health and law related assessments -
COMPLETE RESUME AND REFERENCES AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST
About Forensic Psychiatry Practice
Back to Dr. Voskanian's Home Page